Archive for 'Engaged'
For San Antonio brides today marks the first bridal show of the 2014 wedding season. They are known as bridal shows, showcases and wedding fairs. These will have roughly 500-1000 attendees and one to one interaction with potential vendors will be limited. But with limited time you can find a few potential vendors for your wedding that you can revisit in the coming weeks. I could wax poetic about how to prepare for San Antonio bridal shows but here are 5 simple tips.
Here are a few tips before you head out the door:
- create an email to register with. After these shows you will be inundated with information and a slew of marketing emails. You don’t want it clogging your regular box and you can take your time to visit this email inbox at your leisure.
- wear comfortable shoes – no explanation needed
- limit your posse – Honestly we want to talk to you and the check writer. Also talking with a current client, before she was engaged she attended 3 bridal shows with her engaged friends. She is already overwhelmed and hasn’t even started the process. So limit your posse to the nearest and dearest.
- Be prepared to share your phone number with people you are interested in considering. Legitimate vendors will not bug you too much so don’t be afraid to have a conversation with them and be honest about your selection timeline. I don’t want to call you unless you really want me to and I want to respect your timeline.
- You’ll collect a lot of information but have a way to distinguish who you want to follow up with. i.e. you may receive information from 7 different photographers, I like for my clients to select from a choice of 3 sometimes up to 5. Have a small sticker or a pocket in your bag to place those prized vendor brochures you are serious about considering.
Lastly, Research the show. While the Bridal Extravaganza is today, there is also the Wedding Fair Show coming up in a couple of weeks. You can check pricing on some vendors that don’t vary much per wedding (DJ, Tuxedo, transportation) and may be able to get a show discount.
Today, January 5th, the Bridal Extravaganza kicks off the 2014 wedding season at the Henry B Gonzalez Convention Center from Noon – 5pm
January 19th Wedding Fair Show will be at the Hyatt Hill Country Resort and Spa from Noon – 4pm
Good luck! Congratulation on your engagement!
(and don’t forget to call us when all this information is just too much to sort out)
So the holidays are barely over and you are staring at your lovely engagement ring. This won’t be that post about what to do first. There are so many planners out there blogging about first steps to take. Not me! I can wait for your business 30 days from now when it all starts to pile on and you went to that HUMONGOUS bridal show. I want you to go get a fresh manicure and then set up regular appointments for the next 3 months. Once you get engaged it is day after day of showing off your beautiful new ring. I want to see it every time I meet a newly engaged bride. I literally want to see it so if you instagram, tag me so I can ooh and ahh over it. (@regalaffair)
Enjoy these first weeks and all the attention your ring will get but goodness make sure your nails are done. For local San Antonio area brides my new favorite nail person is Priscilla of The Vanity Room. Her Instagram is full of pretty images AND she is also recently engaged planning her wedding. I love chatting with her about wedding stuff so I know new brides will feel a connection and she will appreciate your excitement and anxiety as these weddings are quite the task to pull off. The pictures below are just my nails.
Inside JC Salons
11703 Huebner Road, Ste 201
San Antonio, Texas 78230
By Appointment only